A SOUTH SCOTLAND FOREST & TIMBER TECHNOLOGIES INDUSTRY REGIONAL EVENT
Wednesday 11th March 2020
Sure Queens Hotel, Old Annan Road, Lockerbie, DG11 2RB
Free Buffet at 5.15pm before meeting starts at 6pm
A mixed bag for this event, but each topic is under the limelight just now.
Provision of adequate welfare facilities on active forest sites is essential, but what exactly is required, particularly for smaller short-term jobs and lone-working, etc., and how can we overcome some obvious difficulties.
The CAN DO Innovation Challenge Fund has backed research into two of our more testing problems – how to manage weevil populations, and how to secure the maximum number of tree seeds from a finite biological resource that cannot be guaranteed to deliver.
Come and hear the emerging results of these projects, and from your own experience, help to identify any further research needs.
Attendance is FREE but prior registration is required
After a light buffet at 5.15pm there will be presentations from 6pm on:
- Welfare and Health & Safety on active sites
- Tina Ambler, Tilhill Safety Manager
- Mental health & well-being
- Tony McLaren, NHS24 Scotland
- Weevil management and tree seed optimisation
- Josh Roberts, Forestry & Land Scotland
- Industry updates
- Andy Leitch, Timber Development Policy Advisor, Scottish Forestry, and coordinator of the SFTT Industry Leadership Group
- Doug Howieson, Scottish Forestry’s Conservator for South Scotland
- Confor – the usual general industry update
To book your place, please register here by Sunday 8 March latest advising of any dietary requirements.
And please give Confor your suggestions for future meetings.
Supported by the SFTT Industry Leadership Group and Scottish Forestry
Delivered by Confor