What are the key benefits?
- Industry-ready training for employment.
- Industry tailored training for a successful career in forestry and forest management.
- Training to manage trees and woodlands safely, sustainably, efficiently, economically and to high environmentally responsible standards.
- Training in forestry technical skills, knowledge and understanding.
- Skills in business management, behaviours, and people management.
- Taught at Coleg Cambria Llysfasi, in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, in partnership with Tilhill/BSW.
For Level 3 Advanced Technical Extended Diploma in Forestry and Arboriculture: A minimum of 5 GCSE’s at grade 4 or C’s, including English, Maths and Science. Students with significant practical experience would be considered on an individual basis, depending on experience.
For the Level 5 HND/FdSc, in Forestry and Woodland Management: Level 3 Extended Diploma in Forestry & Arboriculture, Countryside Management or similar at High Merit / Distinction.
Or 3 A Levels at grade C or above, including one science. Practical experience desirable.
Students completing the Level 3 Diploma with a good merit or distinction will progress to the HND/FdSc stage of the programme, subject to interview.
Successful students have a significant advantage when applying for positions with Tilhill Forestry, BSW Timber or other forestry employers.
Why should I apply?
The Tilhill Diploma in Forestry and Woodland Management is an exciting opportunity to be part of the future of forestry.
Tilhill is UK’s leading forestry and timber harvesting and marketing company.
How do I apply?
Please contact Coleg Cambria via the website
or Call Coleg Cambria for more information on the application process
0300 30 30 007
Lines are open Monday-Friday 8.30-4pm.
For more information about Coleg Cambria Llysfasi