The Timber Transport Forum has recently published the 5th Edition of ‘The Road Haulage of Round Timber Code of Practice’.
- It remains an excellent resource for the industry when planning and undertaking haulage operations.
There are updates throughout the document so you should download a copy and read it through.
Significant updates include areas such as:
- Environmental Impact
- Forest Road Structure and Design
- Roadside Facilities including Welfare
- FISA Defect Reporting Form
- Safe Loading and Strapping
The Code of Practice is available from the Timber Transport Forum website: