Creating New Woodland
Targeted grant funding will be available from March 2019 to March 2023 to support native woodland planting and restoration schemes within a ‘green corridor’ alongside the course of the railway in England.
The HS2 Woodland Fund initially opened on a ‘first come, first served’ basis in February 2018, with an initial budget of £1 million. There has now been a recent announcement of a further £4 million budget being made available to be allocated to projects over the next four years
As the UK’s leading forest management company, Tilhill Forestry is able to provide an expert advisory service for landowners located within 25 miles of the HS2 phase one line from London to Birmingham.
Tilhill Forestry’s free advisory service will help you to:
- Qualify for the scheme and receive up to £8,500 per hectare for new woodland creation or 100% of standard costs (including tree guards, fencing and gates) for restoration works on planted Ancient Woodland sites.
- Generate additional income of £200 per hectare per year for 10 years from unproductive agricultural land.
- Continue to claim BPS on your land.
- Maximise grants and minimise costs.
- Forecast income and expenditure.
- Design your woodland to meet your needs, incorporating open space and access requirements.
- Select tree species appropriate for your land and priorities.
- Plant, protect and maintain your woodland.
- Claim your grants.
Simon Marrington, New Business Manager said: “This additional £4 million fund over 4 years is great news as it presents landowners with further opportunity to access enhanced grant rates (better than those available under Countryside Stewardship) for new woodland creation together with increased financial support for ancient woodland restoration.”
For further information and friendly expert advice, please contact:
Unit 3,Woodland Lodge
Tel: 01949 859900