The vaccination programme has reduced the severity of illness and, to varying degrees, restrictions have been lifted on our social lives. Fully vaccinated close contacts no longer have to self-isolate but should take a PCR test for confirmation of status.
The virus does still present a risk and as employers we have a duty to prevent transmission within the workplace. While at work, whether in the office or on site, follow the basic rules:
- Do not attend site if you have symptoms of Covid or are required to self-isolate.
- Wash or sanitise your hands frequently.
- Maintain a safe distance between each other.
- If sharing vehicles is a necessity then open windows and wear face coverings.
- Keep offices well ventilated, opening windows where required.
- Clean offices, kitchen and welfare frequently.
- Wear face coverings in buildings where required.