The competition is open to all Tilhill staff AND our approved contractors. Closing date for entries is 29 September 2023 at 17.00.
You don’t need to have a sophisticated camera to be able to take a decent photo, just make sure that your phone settings are adjusted so you can obtain the best quality photo.
Mobile phones, and therefore their settings, vary significantly in terms of models across the business. However, for general guidance, go into the camera settings section on your phone and select the HDR Setting to get the best quality exposure.
HDR stands for ‘high dynamic range’. In your phone’s camera settings, you should have the option to shoot HDR photos. This will not technically improve the camera’s quality but it improves the clarity of your photo. HDR settings make your camera take multiple exposures of the same image.
There is plenty of opportunity to win a prize with one first prize, two second and three third prizes (6 in total) to be chosen from each of the 3 categories.
The competition comprises of three categories:
- Nature-based solutions in action
- Our environment
- Our people at work
Prizes will be awarded for each category in the form of Amazon Gift vouchers to the following values:
1st prize – £100. 2 x 2nd prize – £50. 3 x 3rd prize – £25
2023 Photographic Competition Information: Terms and Conditions
- All employees of Tilhill and Tilhill approved contractors can enter.
- Photograph subjects are to be compatible with one or more of the 3 categories.
- Images must be submitted as individual jpg files only.
- Each jpg should be to a high resolution (300 dpi) and a minimum file size of 2MB.
- Entries can be submitted by email, WeTransfer or memory stick.
Terms and Conditions
- Submitted entries must be clearly labelled with your name, your email and/or telephone number and, if you are a contractor, the name of your company, together with the name of the category/ies you wish the image(s) to be considered for.
- There is no limit as to how many images one person can enter.
- The competition is open only to Tilhill staff and Tilhill approved contractors.
- By entering your image you grant Tilhill the right to reproduce it for any purpose at any time in any media, regardless of your current relationship with Tilhill.
- Upon submission to the competition you must be the sole and original owner of the copyright for the images.
- Photo library images will not be accepted.
- Computer generated or computer altered images will not be accepted, with the exception of basic photo retouching work.
- Tilhill’s Marketing Team accept no responsibility for corrupted files or late entries.
- One first prize, two second prizes and three third prizes (6 in total) will be chosen from each of the 3 categories.
- Each category winner will receive an Amazon Gift Voucher worth £100 as a prize. Second in each category will receive an Amazon Gift Voucher worth £50 and Third in each category will receive an Amazon Gift Voucher worth £25.
- Tilhill reserve the right to withhold prizes if, in the opinion of the judges, the quality of the entries falls below the standard required for use of images within marketing materials.
- The winning images will be judged externally allowing all Tilhill staff to enter without bias.
- The judges decision is final.
- The closing date is 5.00pm on 29 September 2023.
- Winners will be notified on 30 November 2023.
You must make sure you send your entries to the right place:
Please send your entries to: Sarah Clay, Tilhill. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or send via www.wetransfer.com or post post on a memory stick to Sarah at:
Tilhill, The Gatehouse, Ruck Lane, Horsmonden, Tonbridge, Kent. TN12 8EA