As the planting season gets underway in earnest it is important to ensure everyone on site has been given an adequate briefing as to the site hazards and constraints and planting requirements.
At face value planting trees might seem like a simple task, but there are many aspects that require knowledge and experience. Tilhill has a Pre-Planting Briefing sheet that must be gone through with all involved in the planting activity and covers topics such as:
- Point of Work Risk Assessment
- Pesticides use and pre-treated trees
- Interpretation and understanding of the planting maps
- Planting technique and stocking densities
- Use of machinery and ATVs
- Correct waste disposal