Shaun has over 30 years’ experience in the forest industry and in 2001 he graduated from Edinburgh University with a Master’s degree in forest science.
He joined the Tilhill Forestry Investment Team as a consultant in 2014.
His skills include Project management, Forest science, Forest management, Business start-up and technology in the form of terrestrial laser 3D scanning and acoustics relating to grading standing timber and relating this to the end product values.
Shaun is a member of the Institute of Wood science working closely with European partners and undertaking commissioned work from various EU countries including Sweden, Finland, Germany and France.
Shaun is also well known within the forest industry for his writing and contribution to a prolific number of specialist papers and articles which have appeared in numerous industry publications.
Specialist Associations include:
- Member of the Association of Project Mangers.
- Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Foresters.
- Member of the Institute of Wood Science (now The Institute of Materials Minerals and Mining).
- Registered Chartered Consultant.
Career and company highlights:
- 1989 to 1997 – Forest Manager, Forestry Commission, Scotland.
- 1997 to 2011 – Timber Properties Scientist, Forest Research.
- 2011 to 2013 – Timber Sonics Ltd, Glasgow, Founder & CEO.
- 2011 to present – Woodilee Consultancy Ltd, Founder & Director.
- 2014 to present – Senior Investment Consultant, Tilhill Forestry.