Peter is a Forest Management Graduate from the University of Aberdeen and in 2004 completed an MSc at Imperial College in Forest Protection and Conservation. He gained Chartered Forester status in 2010.
Peter has hands-on forestry experience as well as impressive academic qualifications. Prior to joining Tilhill Forestry, Peter started his career as a timber harvesting forester in South West Scotland for the Forestry Commission.
He joined Tilhill Forestry in 2007 as a forest manager in South Wales before a spell with UPM in Finland, Tilhill's parent company at the time.
Being based at the busy South Wales District Office helps incorporate into his appraisal work the most up-to-date market subtleties and most relevant forest assessments methods. It also means he can work closely with the forestry and harvesting managers and, in the process, gain the best possible local knowledge of off market opportunities.
Career and company highlights:
- 2003 – Graduated from Aberdeen University with a BSc Hons in Forest Management.
- 2004 – Graduated with an MSc in Forest protection and Conservation from Imperial College, London.
- 2005 to 2007 – Harvesting manager, Forestry Commission Scotland.
- 2007 to 2011 – Forest manager, Tilhill Forestry, Llandovery.
- 2010 – Qualified as a Chartered Forester
- 2012 – UPM Land business team Finland, marketing UPM estates in Finland.
- 2013 to present – Tilhill Forestry Investment team offering woodland investment advice, valuations and consultancy in Wales and Southern England.
- 2014 – Became Associate Member of RICS.