Jason studied Forest Management at Aberdeen University, and since graduating in 1995 has built-up over 20 years of experience in the industry.
He spent the first 5 years of his career as a woodland manager, specialising in large scale woodland creation projects. After that, he joined the investment firm, FIM where he worked as a Senior Investment Manager, responsible for the investment management of a 50,000 hectare forestry portfolio.
From here, he moved to Tilhill Forestry in 2005 as a member of the Investment and Property (I&P) Team. In 2014, he was promoted to lead the team and in December 2015 was made a Director of the company. Tilhill Forestry’s I&P team is the most successful in the industry and Jason has a very strong reputation within the sector.
Career and company highlights:
- 1995 – Graduated from Aberdeen University with a BSc (Hons) in Forest Management.
- 1995-2001 – Woodland Management and Project Management roles.
- 1999 – Qualified as a Chartered Forester.
- 2001 – Senior Investment Manager, FIM Services.
- 2005 – Joined Tilhill Forestry Investment & Property Team.
- 2006 – Graduated with an MBA.
- 2009 – Completed UPM European Strategic Leadership Programme at IMD, Lausanne.
- 2010 – Qualified as a Chartered Surveyor.
- 2012 – Qualified as a RICS Registered Valuer.
- 2014 – Promoted to lead Tilhill Forestry Investment & Property Team.
- 2014 – Appointed to Tilhill Forestry Senior Management Team.
- 2015 – Appointed to the Board as Director of Investment & Property with responsibilities for business development.