Originally from Zimbabwe, Erik comes from a farming and forestry background. He initially spent 5 years working in the safari industry and the family business (farming and forestry).
Having emigrated to the UK in 2001, Erik continued to gain forestry experience in both the UK and Finland, as well as gaining an Honours degree in Business Management with Finance. He is a professional member of the Institute of Chartered Foresters (ICF) and is currently working towards membership of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).
Erik has been with Tilhill Forestry for 7 years, of which 6 have been with the Investment and Property (I&P) Team.
Erik is a key member of the team and is mostly involved with property acquisitions, investment advice and valuations to a wide range of clients.
Career and company highlights:
- 2001 – Arrived in the United Kingdom.
- 2001 – Crew leader (skyline and mechanised harvesting).
- 2007 – Graduated from University of Central Lancashire (UCLAN) with an honours degree in Business Management and Finance.
- 2008 – Joined Tilhill Forestry as a graduate trainee.
- 2009 – Joined the Investment and Property team.
- 2011 – Promoted to Investment Forester.
- 2013 – Promoted to Senior Investment Forester.
- 2014 – Qualified as a Chartered Forester with Institute of Chartered Foresters (ICF).
- 2014 – Achieved Associate membership of Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).